Thank you for your interest in Barton Commons! We offer studio-, one-, and two-bedroom apartments to qualified applicants.
Overview of Screening Criteria:
- Satisfactory rental history. (Lack of history will not be a cause for rejection).
- No previous evictions for lease violations.
- No criminal record.
- Good credit history. (Lack of history will not be a cause for rejection).
- Demonstrated ability to pay rent.
- Must meet Student Eligibility.
Below outlines our application process. We hope this helps you in submitting your application.
Completing Your Application:
Please complete the application in its entirety. If any areas do not apply to your household, indicate with N/A in that section.
In addition to submitting this application, you will also need the following:
- Picture ID
- Social Security Card*
- Birth Certificate*
- Proof of Income**
- 6 most recent paystubs, if working
- Social Security Award letter
- TANF letter
- Gift Income
- Child Support
- Proof of Assets**
- 6 months of most recent, consecutive bank statements,
- Current balance from savings account
- Balance Inquiry from ATM for pay cards
- Retirement account (401k, IRA, etc)
- Whole life insurance cash value
- Stocks, bonds, etc.
*If you are unable to provide a birth certificate or social security card, please contact us to discuss alternative forms of verification.
**All documents provided to verify income and assets must be less than 60 days old at the time of your appointment
Submitting Your Application:
Once your application is completed, and you have all additional documentation, submit your application and documentation in its entirety to the Management Office.
Methods for Submission:
- Drop off the application at our office at Barton Commons Apartments 34 East St, New Milford, CT 06776 during business hours (M-F 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
- Send the application via email to [email protected]
- Mail the application to our office at 34 East St, New Milford, CT 06776
Once the completed application and documentation are received, we can begin processing and discuss with you apartment availability.
We look forward to working with you on your application. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to us or set up an appointment to complete your application in person.
Barton Commons Apartments